Small Business Branding Session
Amber Baxter, Hairstylist
One thing I’ve come to love about being a photographer is helping fellow small business owners to highlight their business and grow their brands. The modern American economy is built on the shoulders of small businesses, as everyone knows. Today, I want to give you a peak into Amber Baxter‘s business branding session. Amber is a hairstylist at The Powder Room Salon in Cartersville, Georgia that specializes in hair extensions and hair coloring.
A Quick Day Trip to Charleston
Despite Amber living and working in Georgia, she had her heart set on our photo session taking place in one of her favorite places: Charleston, South Carolina. To know your brand is to have a very specific vision in mind. As a huge fan of Charleston, I was all in!
Charleston, founded by English colonists in 1670, is one of the oldest cities in the country. Historic downtown Charleston is one of the best-preserved examples of colonial architecture remaining in the United States. Cobblestone streets wind their way among historic homes and buildings from the 17th and 18th centuries, allowing you to practically immerse yourself in the city’s rich history. Everywhere you turn, this National Historic Landmark District is constantly going through preservation efforts to maintain the history and the charm.
What does that have to do with small business branding? Everything. The connection between a business’s brand and how it’s presented to the customer is everything. Charleston is timeless, connected to history, and continuing into the future. That’s exactly the underlying message of a branding session done correctly. It displays competency, trust, and personality.
5 Reasons Branding Photos Matter
- Establishing Brand Identity: Branding photos help create a unique and cohesive visual identity for the business. Consistent and professional imagery communicates the brand’s personality, values, and mission, making it more memorable and recognizable to customers.
- Building Trust and Credibility: High-quality branding photos convey professionalism and competence, which builds trust among potential customers. Authentic images of the business and its products or services instill confidence in people, increasing the likelihood of them making a purchase or engaging with the brand.
- Connecting Emotionally with Customers: Well-crafted branding photos have the power to evoke emotions and create a connection with the target audience. Emotionally engaging imagery resonates with customers, helping them feel more attached to the brand and its offerings.
- Setting Apart from Competitors: In a competitive market, branding photos give a small business a competitive edge. Unique and eye-catching visuals help the brand stand out and differentiate itself from competitors, allowing it to carve a distinct place in the market.
- Enhancing Marketing Efforts: You can use strong branding photos across multiple marketing channels and materials, including social media, websites, brochures, and advertisements.Consistent imagery reinforces the brand’s message and makes marketing campaigns more effective, leading to increased engagement and conversions.
Check out my day around Charleston with Amber below!
Curious about if I can help you with your brand? Click here!